Police Excessive Force

When police officers use excessive force under the circumstances in arresting you, and serious injury results, you may bring an action for your injuries sustained. You may proceed under two different statutes for a violation of your civil rights, either the federal statute, 42 U.S.C. §1983 or the state statute, California Civil Code, §52.1.

Time limit: Because you are suing a government agency, you need to file a government claim with the government jurisdiction within 6 months of the incident.

Please call 619-234-1800 to speak with me, or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.